HockeyClan Bantam and Midget Scholarship Contest
Open to Boys and Girls age 13 and above but not yet in college.
TO ENTER, YOU MUST READ THE OFFICIAL RULES BELOW. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST AS PROVIDED BELOW, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THESE RULES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Contest Description. The HockeyClan.com, HockeyClan Bantam and Midget Scholarship Contest (“Contest”) involves submission of blog articles written by the entrants on hockey-related topics. Upon the conclusion of the entry period, there will be a Finalist Selection Period followed by a Finalist Public Voting Period. Prizes will be awarded to the winning entrants in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada who, as of the date of entry, are at least 13 years of age, have their parents’ permission, and are enrolled in either high school or college. Void in Rhode Island and where prohibited by law. The following are ineligible to enter or win the Contest: All employees and contractors of HockeyClan.com (“Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, licensees, web designers, judges, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers or agents (all of the foregoing, collectively “Contest Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling or “step” of each and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not). All applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
- Agreement to Rules. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period: The Contest has three phases. The first phase is the Contest Entry Period, which begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on September 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on July 1, 2017. The second phase is the Finalist Selection Period, during which the judges will select finalists from among the articles submitted by entrants. The articles selected as finalists will be published at HockeyClan.com on or around July 11, 2017, and a “like” link will be added to the articles on the site at that time. At that point, the third phase – the Finalist Public Voting Period – begins. The Finalist Public Voting Period ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on July 30, 2017, at which time the Contest will close. The article that receives the most “likes” will be declared the first place winner. In the event of a tie, a two-week vote off will be conducted and, the article that receives the most “likes” during that two-week period will be declared the first place winner. Second and third place winners will be determined in accordance with this same procedure. Dates of any vote off will be determined as necessary and all entrants will be notified before a vote off begins. Dates are subject to change so check back frequently.
- How to Enter. To enter the Contest, use the online form provided at HockeyClan.com (https://hockeyclan.com/scholarship/). To be eligible to win a prize, the entry must meet all Contest requirements, as specified. Entries that are incomplete or that do not adhere to these Official Rules or to the specified Contest requirements may be disqualified at the sole discretion of HockeyClan.com. You must enter in accordance with your current year in school for 2016 -2017. The appropriate category, HockeyClan Bantam and Midget Scholarship Contest, can be selected from our online form. Failure to choose the correct category will void the entry. School IDs, USA Hockey number, report cards and/or driver’s license may be required to confirm eligibility and must be provided in order to receive a prize. You may enter only once; do not use multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent this rule. If we determine, at our sole discretion, that you have used fraudulent methods or otherwise attempted to circumvent the rules, your submission will be disqualified. “HockeyClan Blog” or “uncategorized” is not a valid category choice for this Contest. Any entry with a mislabeled category will be disqualified but will still be eligible for publication by the Contest Entities. By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from HockeyClan.com. You can opt-out of receiving those communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Rights Granted by You. As a condition of entry into the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant grants to the Contest Entities, their respective licensees, successors and assigns, without additional notice, review or consent and without limitation, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, publicize, display and/or otherwise use the entry and/or the entrant’s name, city, state or province, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, biographical information, and statements about the Contest as news, publicity or information for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised, without compensation.
- Judging and Selection of Winners. To be eligible to win a prize, an entry must include a blog article of no more than 1,000 words. Submission of one or more images with the article is not mandatory but is encouraged because it will increase the article’s ranking during the Finalist Selection Period and may help the article gain popularity during the Finalist Public Voting Period. Images submitted with an article must be personal images – i.e., images of appropriate and relevant subject matter related to the written article – that the entrant has permission to use in the submission. The person submitting an image is responsible for obtaining permission if he/she does not own the rights to the image. Such permission may be sent in separately, if necessary, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsor shall have no responsibility for any dispute or conflict arising from, or relating to, any misrepresentation made by an entrant in connection with the submission of an image. Any submitted image and article becomes the property of Sponsor, and we reserve the right to publish the article and/or image(s) in any manner we, in our sole discretion, deem fit, whether on our website, in advertisements, through social media platforms or otherwise. Sponsor is solely responsible for the selection of finalists. In selecting finalists, Sponsor will rank entries based on the following judging criteria: (i) 20% of the determination will be related to whether the submission contains an image appropriate to the submitted article, and image quality; (ii) 20% will be related to the quality and originality of the topic chosen; (iii) 20% will be related to the creative writing of the submitted article; (iv) 20% will be related to the quality of the article’s content; and (v) 20% will be related to writing style/grammar. Finalists’ articles will be published online at HockeyClan.com (https://hockeyclan.com/finalists/). Articles will be published in a manner determined by Sponsor as it, in its sole discretion, sees fit. The Finalist Public Voting Period begins once all articles are published at HockeyClan.com and a “like” link button is added. This will occur on or around July 11, 2017. The entry with the most “likes” at the end of the Finalist Public Voting Period will be declared the first place winner, the entry with the second-most “likes” will be declared the second place winner and the entry with the third-most “likes” will be declared the third place winner. Voters may vote once daily, as often as they wish, provided that they personally click the “like” link; use of any automated mechanical means to vote is prohibited. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to void votes for any reason in order to maintain the integrity of the Contest. Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted during the Contest Entry Period. Entries submitted after the end of the Contest Entry Period may be published on HockeyClan.com but will not be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor alone is responsible for judging the Contest, and decisions of the Sponsor on all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding.
- The first place prize is a $1000 scholarship to be used toward participation in an ice hockey camp of the winner’s choice. The second place prize is a $300 gift certificate to one of our affiliate hockey equipment providers. The third place prize is a $150 gift certificate to one of our affiliate hockey equipment providers. Specifics relating to the prize will be determined solely by Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution is permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. Prizes are nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Receipt of any prize offered is conditioned upon compliance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Winner Selection and Notification. Within five days of winner selection, winners will be notified by email sent to the email address used when entering the Contest. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time prize notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected based on the number of “likes” the article received, as set forth above. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered.
- Release. By entering the Contest, you agree to release Sponsor and Contest Entities from any liability for any injury, death, illness, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) your participation in the Contest and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (v) electronic or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest.
- Indemnification and Assumption of Liability. By entering the Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Contest Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or relating to (i) your participation in the Contest or (ii) your participation in any prize-related activities, including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s). If you are a prize winner, you assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by your participation in the Contest or your use or redemption of the prize.
- Disputes. Any dispute that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United States of America and the State of New Jersey without regard to conflict of laws principles of any jurisdiction. As a condition of participating in the Contest, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and any causes of action arising out of or relating to the Contest, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Monmouth County, New Jersey. By entering the Contest, you specifically agree to the jurisdiction of, and venue in, the Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth County. In any such dispute, you hereby waive and relinquish any right to seek attorneys’ fees or treble, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, and you shall not be permitted to obtain any such award.
- Winners List. To obtain a copy of the winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 19 Forrest Avenue, Rumson, NJ 07760 USA. Requests must be received no later than August 1, 2017.
- Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Contest is Clan Athletics, LLC, d/b/a HockeyClan.com, 19 Forrest Avenue, Rumson, NJ 07760 USA.