HockeyClan is connecting players with open hockey!
One of the more frustrating aspects of hockey is the open hockey skates at the rinks across North America. We are modernizing open hockey!
You never know if there will be 5 skaters and 4 goalies, or 30 skaters and 1 goalie. Until Now! HockeyClan is looking to make open hockey work for everyone.
REGISTER AND LOGIN FIRST!
ONLY our REGISTERED & LOGGED IN USERS can create an Open Hockey Skate! In order to create an open hockey skate you must first be the Admin of a group.
It’s simple. If your rink wants their open hockey listed with us simply have their rink director sign up with a rink username and password and enter their open hockey information on our online form. Make sure they choose open hockey as the category. It makes the most sense to get the rink involved so we can send them our sign in sheets and gather their lists of players and their emails so that they can include those players in the Open Hockey Group for that particular rink. The rink will have the ability to send us the sign up sheets and we can create the users for everyone. Best of all? It’s FREE!
If you want to have your rink’s open hockey added simply let us know and we would be happy to reach out to the rink directly on your behalf.
Rink managers and owners, we will even create an account for your rink! Let us do all of the work, entering the skate days, times, number of skaters, number of goalies and equipment needed. Just let us know how we can make it easy for you. The open hockey event will allow the appropriate number of bookings and this event page can be accessed by the rink and other players so it is obvious who will be attending prior to you showing up at the rink.
Let us make this easy on everyone!
HockeyClan will verify the open hockey information and reserves the right to delete any groups or events that are not accurate.
To start listing your rink’s open hockey skates…You can set up your own group. Follow our instructions below. Let us know how we can help or make this better for you.
- You should be associated with a hockey rink that runs open hockey sessions (owner, general manger, hockey director, employee)
- REGISTER AND LOGIN FIRST!
- Create a Group that will contain all of your open hockey time slots or events.
- Go to All Groups (https://hockeyclan.com/groups/)
- Click on Create Group
- Enter Group Name (Be specific to your rink. For example, ABC Example Ice Rink Open Hockey Group NJ)
- Enter your group description (add a description for your group)
- Click Create Group and Continue
- Select Privacy Options
- Public Group (required for most open hockey)
- Any site member can join this group.
- This group will be listed in the groups directory and in search resuts.
- Group content and activity will be visible to any site member.
- Private Group (For closed group or at a private club)
- Hidden Group (not recommended, VERY Private Groups Only, NHL player)
- Only users who are invited can join the group.
- This group will not be listed in the groups directory or search results.
- Group content and activity will only be visible to members of the group.
Choose which members are allowed to invite other members.
Choose default email setting for the group. (Recommend all email)
Decide if you want a Forum for your open hockey group. (not necessary but a nice feature to encourage communication within the rink)
Add a Profile Photo. (not necessary)
Add media albums. (for all users, administrators and moderators or just administrators of the group)
Add a Cover Image. (not necessary) For best results, upload an image that is larger than 800px wide, and 225px tall.
Select your HockeyClan Friends to invite to join the group (players you know would want to be added to the group)
Your Group is officially created.
Under My Account or Open and Private Skates go to Add Open or Private Hockey Skate Event
Name the skate, for example, ABC Example Rink Open Hockey Friday Afternoon
Choose the group that you are admin for that runs the open hockey.
Enter all of the open hockey skate information.
Name of your Rink and which rink number
Number of skaters and goalies that are allowed for each skate.
Add your days of the week, times and when does the skate start and end,
Add the details. The necessary equipment to play. The level of play of the skate.
Add schedules, website links, costs, dates, times, information, number of players for each session, number of goalies for each session.
HockeyClan will attempt to verify the open hockey information to try to maintain accuracy!
HockeyClan will then send you a welcome package which will include sign up sheets and instructions for all of your open hockey players. Just leave them at the rink where players currently sign in and pay. When they sign in and pay they will see how you are trying to help better serve their needs. Then you can invite these players to your open hockey group. Once this is distributed to all hockey players and everyone signs up with us, we will always know who is going to be there and surprises will be a thing of the past!