Welcome to the next installment in a series of weekly videos from Hockey Coach Vision!
Each Wednesday for the next several weeks, the staff at Hockey Coach Vision, including Larry Huras, Filip Kostovic and Franjo Zajec, will release a new training video to help you as a coach pass on hockey-specific tips, training and skills to the next generation of ice hockey players.
In our 16th installment, Hockey Coach Vision continues with “Larsson One Touch.”
“This drill can be used to start practice to get everyone moving and work on one-touch/direct passing technique.” — Larry Huras
– Divide into groups of five or six players
– The first pass is made from the group of two players
– Pass and follow the pass to replace the player who receives the pass
– Try to make each pass without handling the puck.
– Players should advance their top hands away from their bodies to create a flatter face on their stick blades to be able to make a one-touch, hard, flat pass.
– If puck does pop up and start rolling, the player receiving the pass should lay the puck down flat before making the next pass to start a new sequence.
We are proud to present to you our newest editions to your team, the Goalie and the Coach. They can be added into every drill as new players, or by replacing any existing player you already have. #hockeycoach #hockeyapp #drills #hockeylovers #coaching pic.twitter.com/45IU3RXC24
— HockeyCoachVision (@HockeyCoachVis) September 27, 2018
HockeyClan continues to upgrade its apps to benefit their growing hockey community.
Want to write about hockey? Join the HockeyClan community! While you are here visiting Rate Rinks! You can rate every rink you have ever been to based on the most important criteria. Interested in doing your own Player’s Blog? Send your hockey story to us at email@example.com