Welcome to the next installment in a series of weekly videos from Hockey Coach Vision!
Each Wednesday for the next several weeks, the staff at Hockey Coach Vision, including Larry Huras, Filip Kostovic and Franjo Zajec, will release a new training video to help you as a coach pass on hockey-specific tips, training and skills to the next generation of ice hockey players.
In our 14th installment, Hockey Coach Vision continues with “Ambri 1@1 Gap Control.”
“This drill works quick turns, pivots and open ice 1@1 skills for forwards as well as gap control, pivots and open ice checking by the defenders.” — Larry Huras
– D1 steps up at red line and pivots backwards
– F1 chips puck behind D1 and skates towards boards
– D1 retrieves puck and makes quick turn up ice
– F1 pivots to keep eyes on puck, receives pass from D1 and heads up ice
– After skating through the top of the faceoff circle, F1 now cuts back and challenges D1 one-on-one with the D trying to hold the blue line
HockeyClan continues to upgrade its apps to benefit their growing hockey community.
Want to write about hockey? Join the HockeyClan community! While you are here visiting Rate Rinks! You can rate every rink you have ever been to based on the most important criteria. Interested in doing your own Player’s Blog? Send your hockey story to us at firstname.lastname@example.org