Welcome to the next installment in a series of weekly videos from Hockey Coach Vision!
Each Wednesday for the next several weeks, the staff at Hockey Coach Vision, including Larry Huras, Filip Kostovic and Franjo Zajec, will release a new training video to help you as a coach pass on hockey-specific tips, training and skills to the next generation of ice hockey players.
In our fourth installment, Hockey Coach Vision continues with “5 Pass One Touch.”
Description: Good warm up drill for players U12 and older to introduce one-touch passing technique while in movement. Works on quick passing, edge work with forward and backwards pivots.
– F2 takes a step towards middle ice, pivots, receives pass from F1 then passes back to him
– F2 now receives pass from F7 and passes it back to him
– F2 now makes a sharp turn to attack across the blue line for long lateral pass from F10 then goes in for shot
– One player places themselves in front of each net to screen original shots then move out to a rebound position
– After shot, the shooter takes the screen position in front of net. Work on screening the release of shot.
HockeyClan continues to upgrade its apps to benefit their growing hockey community.
Want to write about hockey? Join the HockeyClan community! While you are here visiting Rate Rinks! You can rate every rink you have ever been to based on the most important criteria. Interested in doing your own Player’s Blog? Send your hockey story to us at email@example.com